Pages

Thursday 31 December 2020

Make Nine 2021 (+ 3 more)

I have a lot of sewing ideas floating around in my head so thought I'd do a Make Nine for 2021. 

I have the majority of these patterns but have never sewn them so my Make Nine will focus on new to me patterns (although I also have a bunch on TNTs on my mind also that I want to sew). In 2021 I will endeavour to reach for fabric in my stash before buying new fabrics 😂 and (so far) need fabric for just one of them.

Pona Jacket - Helen's Closet
- I have a nice black linen cotton from Spotlight earmarked for this.

Glebe Pants - Muna & Broad
- these are already cut out in a linen/poly blend from MyHung. Just starting to overlock all of the edges.

Sea Change Top* - Lily Sage
- not sure which fabric for this; but I have a lot in the stash to choose from.

Lodo Dress - True Bias
- I have a blue ponti in the stash; and some scraps of woven "stuff" laying around that can be used for the facings.

Amara Vest - Tessuti
- will use a boiled wool remnant bought from Tessuti.

Nullarbor Cami * - Muna & Broad
- I have something in the stash to test this with AND if it works I have a big Gorman sarong given to me as a gift that I'd like to sew up into this cami.

Kelio Wrap Dress - Named Patterns
- there's got to be something in the stash to toile this.

Bardon Dress° -  Peppermint Magazine & Elbe Textiles
- this will be a shopping trip...oh well, it has to be done!

Ida Clutch - Kylie and the Machine
- I have some leather; and also some denim to first toile this in. 

* will need to buy the pattern
° will need to buy some fabric (oh what a shame)

Ofcourse, the day after coming up with my Make Nine I thought of three more "new things" to tackle in 2021...



Esme Maxi Cardian - Named Patterns 
- I have a fluffy grey knit bought from Nomura Tailor in Kyoto that's been put aside for years for this pattern!

Ninni Cullotes - Named Patterns
- I have a Plissé fabric from Spotlight to try this in...

Unides* 
- these are by Muna & Broad; but I've not yet settled on a pattern, although I have a few knit scraps set aside to try out.

I already know that I want end up sewing all of these - it's easy to get distracted by other projects; or tojust decide you cannot be bothered to proceed with something chosen earlier in the year. Watch this space though!

No comments:

Post a Comment