Pages

Monday 12 October 2020

A picnic, a fabric swap + a LB Pullover

A few weeks ago a new (to me) social sewing group hosted an afternoon tea picnic and fabric swap in Sydney Park. I had some fabric to donate and, like most people, was keen for some time spent in the great outdoors (whilst being Covid-19 safe of course)! It was lovely to meet new sewing friends and catch up people I already knew too.


I took home four pieces of fabric (after donating two, so the clearing out of my stash didn't really work). Two pieces were a sweater-type knit and the other two a viscose jersey.


I decided to sew up the brown sweater fabric straight away. We were headed up to Katoomba for a few days and the weather was still sort-of coolish so I'd at least get a few wears out of this before packing it away until next year.


I chose to make the ever-popular LB Pullover by Paper Theory. I sized down quite a bit from my LB tunic and end up sewing a size 16, which is still roomy but does not look sloppy. I was able to comfortably wear this over a t-shirt (I'm not one for wearing layers so this was a new experience for me 😊).


--------------

PatternLB Pullover by Paper Theory
Size: size 16
Modifications: lengthened but cannot remember by how much?
Fabric: Sweater knit donated to the fabric destash by @LynneSews (orignally from KnitWit)
Changes for next time: none though perhaps a bit more length

No comments:

Post a Comment