Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

LB Pullover - tunic

Like many people in Australia (and worldwide) I've been working from home for quite a few weeks now. Or is it months? Who knows - time seems to have stopped making much sense lately.


During that time the weather has gone from warm to coolish as we head towards winter. I've been wearing the same leggings and tops during almost that whole time and am really lacking some comfortable, but not too pyjama-like clothes for "work".


I've not really felt much like sewing as my "office" now takes up the whole space where I usually sew. I hardly sewed at all last year as we lost the space due to our flat flooding so this work from home thing is really cramping my creative outlets.  BUT I looked through my fabric stash the other day and saw this knit fabric bought on our last trip to Tokyo and I thought it would make a nice top or tunic (IG poll said Tunic was the way to go).



I've used the LB Pullover by Paper Theory (again) and added some length to it. Intially I added 15.5" (39cm) to the pattern but I think that was a bit too long so chopped off an inch and sewed a 2.5" hem.


Intially I sewed up the size 20 but it was HUGE (previous vest version was meant to wear over tops so the size 20 was good) so I took it in quite a bit and perhaps it's now a size 16 - 18?



This dress feels comfortable to wear though the fabric is a little itchy. Looking at the photos it still looks a little big but it's for "working from home" so will be fine for that purpose. It's currently in the washing machine (I wash everything after I've made it and before wearing it for the first time) - I might chuck it into the dryer and see what happens to it size-wise.






My overlocker is currently set up behind my work computer on the tiny part of the dining table that is free. I've set up my sewing machine on a litte foldout table I bought when this all started as I wanted a space to write or colour or whatever. Cutting out fabric now happens on the kitchen floor - the only room with currently enough floor space to lay out big lenghts of fabric. This is the new sewing "normal" for now.
--


PatternLB Pullover by Paper Theory
Size: size 16 - 18 (not quite sure)
Modifications: lengthend by 14.5"
Fabric: Knit of some sort from Tomato in Tokyo
Changes for next time: cut a smaller size (18) and reduce the lenght by another inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment