This is a very simple top to make but I umm'd and ahh'd for ages over whether or not to use clear elastic to stabilize the shoulder seams. The pattern doesn't call for it, but I thought as the fabric was quite heavy it might need it. Good idea, if only I had executed it properly...now I have some annoying elastic rubbing on my skin. Grr!
I lengthened the hem on this top as it's quite short on me otherwise - 6cm added. I think I could add an extra 1cm or 2cm though as my bum was quite "on show" when I wore this top to work with black ponti pants that were quite fitting. Not such a problem with jeans which are a bit looser...but I think the people are work sore my of my butt than they needed or wanted too. Whoops.
I finished the sleeve on this with a sleeve band as I think they look much neater than turning the sleeve under...which I always do totally wonky as I cannot seem to sew in a straight line. The wrong side of the fabric is also pretty cool and adds a neat little bit of contrast.
Pattern: Mandy Boat Tee by Tessuti
Size: One size fits...most
Modifications: lengthened by 6cm, clear elastic added at the shoulders, and the sleeves/arms made bigger for me a sewing class I did at Tessuti last year.
Fabric: Viscose knit from Tessuti
Changes for next time: might add a few cms to the hem; and possibly not add clear elastic at the shoulders depending on the fabric.